7th session of the IMO Sub-Committee
On February 15-19, 2021, Gdynia Maritime University (GMU) employees participated in the 7th session of the IMO Sub-Committee on Human Element, Training and Watchkeeping.
At the invitation of the Department of Maritime Education of the Ministry of Infrastructure, the delegation of Gdynia Maritime University included:
- Prof. Adam Weintrit, PhD, DSc, FRIN, FNI, Master Mariner - Rector of Gdynia Maritime University
- Prof. Henryk Śniegocki, Ph.D., D. Sc., Eng. , Master Mariner, Associate Prof. of GMU - Chairman of the national section of HTW
- Ph. D. Eng. Karol Korcz - Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Prof. Przemysław Wilczyński, Ph. D. Eng., Master Mariner, Associate Prof. of GMU – Rector's representative for STCW
The main topics of this year's HTW session were:
- approved model training courses
- the role of the human factor
- implementation of the STCW Convention
- drafting amendments to the STCW Convention and Code for the use of electronic seafarers ' certificates and documents
- comprehensive review of the 1995 STCW-F Convention
This year's session was held in the form of a videoconference, and in addition to the plenary sessions, there were also two working groups:
- for a comprehensive review of the STCW-F Convention;
- implementation of the STCW convention.