GMU Technology Transfer Office Attends ScienceCom 2023 at 'Experyment' Science Centre
On 17 and 18 November 2023, another edition of the ScienceCom event took place at the Experyment Science Centre in Gdynia. ScienceCom is a two-day science festival offering scientists, students, and young people the chance to present their own innovative solutions in a range of scientific fields. This year's event was also an opportunity to gain new knowledge and establish valuable contacts.
ScienceCom has been held for years based on selected UN Sustainable Development Goals. This year's themes were:
- Good quality education (Goal 4);
- Innovation, Industry, Infrastructure (Goal 9);
- Climate Action (Goal 13.)
At its festival stand, the staff of the GMU Technology Transfer Office presented the research solutions offered by GMU as well as solutions developed as part of pre-implementation work carried out under the "Innovation Incubator 4.0" programme:
- "Artisan ice cream with pro-health potential" - Faculty of Management and Quality Science
- "Equipment for a Mobile Diving Sea Rescue Service Base" - Faculty of Navigation
- "Ship Onboard Distributed Machine and Equipment Electric Power Monitoring System" - Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- "A Finishing Method for Welded Surfaces and the Tools Required" - Faculty of Marine Engineering
- "HurtHub" - Faculty of Navigation
- "Development of technology for the production of a new liner composite using a rubber recyclate" - Faculty of Marine Engineering
- "A new composite material based on carbonisates," - Faculty of Marine Engineering
The prototype of the underwater bell "batychron," developed as part of pre-implementation work GMU-03 led by Dr Grzegorz Rutkowski, attracted a great deal of interest from those attending the festival.
The event also provided scope to present the University's technological services and services for industry. The Gdynia Maritime University Technology Transfer Office was represented by its director, Dr Magdalena Kukowska-Kaszuba and innovation broker Anna Żuławska.