Ships Agency Operator - Wilhelmsen
Wilhelmsen is an international group of companies with ambitions to shape the maritime industry across the globe. Originating from Norway, our company ensures a culture and work environment of strong leadership, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating. Innovations, digitalization and changes are part of our daily life. For our office in Gdansk, as a part of Ships Agency Team, we want to employ: Ships Agency Operator.
The Ships Agency Operator will report to Ships Agency Manager and will directly support the Ships Agency Team as well as the whole organization. This function will work closely with DA Team, Sales, Customer Service Centre, etc.
Attend and board vessels as required and as directed by respective Manager, in accordance with WSS SOP and Customer Requirements
Responsible for the effective coordination of assigned port calls
Monitor and record expenses that arises during vessels’ port call
Comply with WSS PPE Standard when working in ports/onboard vessels
Proactively follow up, check, and approve supplier’s invoices
Problem solving skills with ability to make fast and sound judgement.
Ability to effectively plan & direct an operation without compromising on safety to personnel and vessel.
Good communication skills and command of the in English language (oral and written).
Process and system understanding.
Ability to work under pressure
Driving license cat. B
Higher education or last year of University.
What we offer
• Work in an international environment
• A sense of stability ensured by permanent employment after trial period
• Full introduction to work (your colleagues will make sure that you feel confident and comfortable doing your daily tasks)
• Work life balance culture and wellbeing initiatives – your comfort is important to us
• Participation in training in both soft and specialist skills, which will support your personal and professional development
• Equipment essential for work- laptop, smartphone, car, etc.
• Private medical care – Medicover premium package
• Group life insurance
• Multisport card
• Vacation allowance
• Pre-paid cards
• Access to LinkedIn learning platform
• Fruits and vegetables days
• Employee referral program
till end of December 2021